Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dad Mahin Still not walking -- Day 2

Please pray for Dad Mahin so he could be able to walk again.

A Senior Agency, funded by the State of Kansas, has been providing Dad's transportation to Dialysis for several years. Due to budget cuts here in Kansas, the agency has informed all its riders, including Mom and Dad, that they will have to pay 30 cents a mile starting January 1, in order to utilize that agency's transportation services. Well, Salina is 50 miles away, so a round trip to there and back would cost $30.00 daily. Dialysis could also be done in Concordia, Kansas, but that still would be 50 miles daily; still too far and too expensive. After close figuring they decided they could drive it for cheaper with their own car, or my van, than the fare charged by the senior agency.

Now that Dad is not walking the use of my van or my folks car is virtually out of the equation for 'daily' dialysis transportation. So, please pray that God's perfect will will be done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dave, I talked with you dad on Saturday. He didn't tell me about his troubles. Imagine that, he is always praying for everyone else but not sharing his problems. Would he be up for a visit? Depending on the weather, I am thinking about Sunday. My prayers continue to be with all of you. Give your mom and dad a hug for me. They are so special in my life. God has certainly blessed my life abundantly with faithful and true prayer warriors. I am here today because of their prayers. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Love to all. Cousin Connie

Unknown said...

Hi Dave, I was just thinking, why don't you give everyone an opportunity to help Uncle Duane. He has prayed for people around the world every day. I am willing to pay for one day or more of Uncle Duane's transportation to dialysis. Give others the same opportunity to bless him for his faithfulness to God and his faithfulness to each of us to lift us up to the throne of grace. As he has blessed us, God is giving us the opportunity to bless him back. Prayerfully consider getting the word out. Love Cousin Connie