Friday, October 30, 2009

I strongly recommend a book...

I do a good bit of reading. A lot of books are Christian Biographies, well-read ministers are supposed to read those, right, but I also read alot about health and nutrition. The most recent book I've read is entitled "Salt your way to health" by David Brownstein, MD. The book gives a lot of references to clinical studies that show that low salt diets are NOT good for you. But on the other hand refined table salt is a cause for a multitude of avoidable health problems. I encourage everyone to read this book.

Salt Your Way To Health is well written and moves briskly through its 131 pages. It argues passionately for a total avoidance of regular table salt and the generous use of Redmond's Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt. Real salt will provide 50+ of the 78 minerals the human body requires. Just a half teaspoon daily is the recommended usage but more than that will NOT be detrimental. (Brownstein's book lists a few more nutrients in Redmond's than in Celtic's but both products are much healthier than regular table salt).

Read this book and you will find THE TRUTH about salt and its important place in a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Sorry, Google does not have a copy of this book for you to preview at books dot google dot com. However, you can find this book at your local book store, Health Food store, or MAYBE at the library.


2 comments:

Ron Williams said...

I totally agree with the use of Celtic Sea Salt rather than normal white table salt. I made that change back in 2001 when I went totally Vegan. You might want to read some info along with testimonials on www.hacres.com.

Daniel and Regina said...

Hello, I have a question. Do you still pastor the Bible Methodist church in your area. My Aunt Bonnie Ritchey, you may know her from Stoneboro, PA. She just published a Christmas book of old songs. She is wanting to send all the Holiness church an announcement about it. I need your address to give to her. It is not on the Bible Methodist website.
Thank You,
Regina Hellmann